Sunday, September 07, 2003

So last Saturday night, I went to a literary type thingy. Even did my first reading. After my reading, there was nothing more than I wanted to do but bask in the glory, do some networking, work the crowd. You know, finally use this writing thing to my advantage, have my small measure of fame.

Typically, instead of being cornered, networked, and praised bythe cute woman whose writing a novel about the Hititites or the cute woman who wrote a poem about how she's looking for some guy to accept her just as she is so she could get off the Zone diet, I got cornered by a 35 year old male. A 35 year old male whose married with kids. A 35 year old guy whose married with kids who really liked my sense of humour and wants to bounce ideas off of me because he writes in a similar style and is too afraid to show it to anyone else lest somebody doesn't get it.

Which is flattering, I guess, but why him? Why couldn't it be someone who, well, isn't a 35 year old male?

No comments: