Friday, September 26, 2003

I interviewed for a job a couple of weeks. The interview went really well, really well, and the job seems almost too good to be true. It's at a place not quite as exciting as the last place, but without the mass craziness or psycho people. In fact, in light of my previous two jobs, it sounds almost like a God-send.

I was supposed to hear back from the job early this week, but didn't, something which sent me into a two day tizzy. I finally reached the HR person to find out what was up, totally bracing myself for the bad news, and was told that that while they're still interviewing at least two more people, I'm at the top of the list of people they want to hire. So, basically, the job sounds like it's mine unless one of the two people they interview the rest of this week does a better job in the interview than I did.

I'm not exactly sure if it's a good thing I know all this. One the one hand, it totally puts my mind at ease. In fact, it's taken a lot of the edge off knowing that something is definitely out there. On the other hand, if it turns out I don't get the job, knowing how close I was is going to make it that much worse if I don't get it. We're talking up 5-0 entering the 7th inning of Game 6 only to lose the game and series worse. We're talking Ernest Byner fumbling on the 2-yard line in the waning moments of the AFC Championship worse.

All I can say is that those two people they're interviewing better suck.

No comments: